The mission of the Contact Lens Manufacturers Association is to increase awareness and utilization of custom manufactured contact lenses.
To help you, and each of us, CLMA membership provides:
- Annual meeting registration at a rate substantially lower than non-member rates.
- The CLMA’sbi-weekly Presidential updates keeps you informed all year long on activities within both the Association and the industry.
- Participation in the field test for the Seal of Excellence (when run) is open to all CLMA members and is voluntary. We see this award process as a requisite for the high standards of quality needed for successful GP (oxygen permeable) contact lens fitting. The CLMA Board of Directors will vote annually on the administration of this program, administered by the Chair of the Technical Affairs Committee.
- The GP Lens Institute, an educational arm of the CLMA, promotes the benefits of GP (oxygen permeable) Contact Lenses directly to the practitioner and the consumer. The list of educational materials is growing every month and provides marketing tools for all our members at minimum or no additional cost. Unless you have your own marketing department staffed by experts, these tools alone are worth every penny of your dues dollars.
- The CLMA has built a solid record of success in its work to strengthen its members’ impact on the shaping of vital national policies, laws and regulations that affect the contact lens industry.
- CLMA maintains that each member has a pivotal say in everything CLMA does. CLMA consistently succeeds because the combined voice and resources of its members assure its ability to accomplish what no single member could accomplish alone.
- CLMA member companies will have the opportunity to exhibit their specific lens designs to ECPs for day-long symposiums coordinated by the CLMA/GP Lens Institute.
- CLMA – USA based members have the opportunity to participate in member benefit rates through Sentry Insurance (business insurance) and Marathon Solutions (credit card processing) along with other outside sources available through the Membership Services Committee.
- Educational materials on custom contact lenses are marketed to practitioners as well as consumers. For more information on these materials and other educational activities, please visit these web sites:
Application for regular membership in the Association may be made by any person, firm or corporation engaged (either directly or through a parent company or majority-owned subsidiary) in business, meeting the following requirement: is and has been for at least six months actively engaged in the fabrication of finished contact lenses from raw material (i.e., any material that is not finished to final parameters).
Application for associate membership in the Association may be made by any person, firm or corporation engaged (either directly or through a parent company or majority-owned subsidiary) in the business of manufacturing equipment or parts for or producing materials used to fabricate contact lenses or in any way changing, altering or completing the structure of a finished contact lens made from raw materials, or providing related products and services, whose business meets the following requirement: is engaged in the manufacturing of equipment or parts for or producing materials used to fabricate contact lenses or in any way changing, altering or completing the structure of a finished contact lens made from raw materials, or in providing related products.
Application for international membership in the Association may be made by any person, organization, firm or corporation that meets the requirements for regular, associate or special membership, but which does not market such products or services in the United States of America (as defined in 15 U.S.C. 1127).
Application for special membership in the Association may be made by any person, firm or corporation engaged (either directly or through a parent company or majority-owned subsidiary) in providing information, financial, consulting, or other services ancillary to the operations of the contact lens industry.
This category is reserved for Past Presidents that have retired from the industry and are no longer affiliated with a company that holds or could hold a membership in one of the other categories.
For an application form and additional information, contact the CLMA.